While exciting, undertaking a remodeling project can also be a stressful experience for homeowners. Read these five tips to make yours smooth and stress-free:
- Decide which rooms you want to focus on first. Most homeowners start remodeling projects with the kitchen, master bedroom or living room.
- Hire an experienced general contractor. Lynn Douglas Design & Construction has been in this business since 1976.
- Pack away valuables before we start construction. We’re very careful, but it’s still a good idea to keep highly breakable items out of the rooms we’ll be working in.
- Consider staying in a hotel or at a friend’s while your home is being remodeled. It can be stressful to live in a house that’s undergoing construction. Plus, if you’re out of the house, the project will take less time.
- If you do stay in the house, plan for a few inconveniences. If you’re remodeling your kitchen, make sure to set up a refrigerator and microwave in another room. Our home contractor can help you set up your temporary kitchen.
When you’re ready to start remodeling your house, call 209-617-8310 to speak with the expert home contractor at Lynn Douglas Design & Construction.